There are a number of key things to bear in mind when selecting your colour scheme:
- Period of your property: will your colour scheme suit the style of the architecture? Or, are you looking for an authentic, period look?
- Remember, with key architectural fixtures, simple is best. A single, plain colour will help architectural features and profiles stand out better.
- Is the room flooded with daylight, or quite dark and shady? This will be affected by the size and number of windows, and by the orientation of the room. North facing rooms are usually darkest, and South brightest, with East facing rooms bright in the morning and Western aspect rooms being flooded with light at sunset.
- Does your colour scheme suit you, as a person? Does it match your taste when it comes to the colour of your accessories, and even your own outfits? If not, you may grow tired of it.
- In poorly proportioned rooms, or rooms with multiple walls, using just one colour can help to bring out the beauty of the room and downplay any unusual or unpleasing aspects
- Through our colour range pages, we provide ‘colours that go’ for comparison, and to help you settler on a colour scheme that fulfills all of your ambitions for your new project.
Colours on screen and on our paint card are never a truly accurate representation of how the colour will look on your walls. In order to find the shade that works best for you, try a range of favourites in affordable, sample pot sizes, to understand the full effect of the ambient light and the particular surface you are painting.
If you can’t find the colour you need, our master paint blenders are highly skilled at colour matching to any existing paint, swatch or fragment of colour. For bespoke matching to almost any source material, contact Mylands today and let us recreate that colour that was lost forever.
Order Colour Card
To hold the full range of Mylands colours in your hands, order our colour card today.
With real, painted swatches, this traditional colour card gives you the truest shade possible in every light condition.